What in the hell is wrong with me???
I've been doing 13 mile runs the last few weeks on the weekends. I'm not currently injured, so I thought - well, might as well go for it. Plus it's a small field (I hate a crowd) and it's $20. Done.
I've been a horrible blogger so here's a quick run down of what's been happening
- my oldest turned 8 and started 3rd grade (eep!)
- my 3 yr old started Little Ninjas, but really wants to be a track star too
- I should have been running outside all summer instead of pansying it up on the 'mill. Been trying to run outside more and it is killing me
- I have been wearing my Altra's more, while I love them (legs, ankles feel great), they are not going for faster pace (for me). I wore them for a tempo run yesterday at my goal pace for the upcoming week and I just didn't feel like they gave me any pep.
- Even though I knew my 3 lb loss was only a temporary side effect of a very dehydrating run, I was a bit bummed to see the weight back up this morning. But I know this means my body is adequately fueled
- Building glycogen stores this week (eating more carbs) has been really fun
- Work has been extremely busy. New projects and new responsibilities are all good things, but it's a lot of work!
- I can not get my ass out of bed to go to the gym! I've been getting a solid 7 - 8 hours of sleep lately compared to 5 or 6 - and I am more tired and groggy than when I was getting up and hitting the early classes at the gym. Ugh.
- The Mott's fruit snacks that I bought at the grocery store are not the same as the kind I get from Costco, and that makes me sad
- My 8 yr old chose to have his bday party at a skating rink - happens tomorrow night - and that makes me happy!
Any fall races on the agenda?